FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Benefits of RadiesseServing as both effective and versatile dermal filler treatment, a variety of age-related concerns can be assessed including:
- Removal of Smile lines (nasolabial folds), and Marionette lines
- Removal of Pre-jowl folds
- Treatment of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and chin
- Quick recovery time with no prior skin test needed
Before, During and After Your Radiesse Procedure
- Before: Dr. Milgrim provides the patient with a consultation where he determines if you’re a proper candidate for the Radiesse dermal filler procedure. Your facial features will be evaluated to ultimately determine which regions are the best fit to add volume to. Prior to treatment, an antiseptic will be massaged onto your skin to prepare you for the Restylane treatment.
- During: Radiesse contains lidocaine, so a local anesthetic will not need to be injected. Using a thin and sterile syringe to administer Restylane, Dr. Milgrim carefully injects the dermal filler. When it is injected, the microspheres immediately provide volume in the area and smooth away lines, wrinkles, and folds. The body responds to the presence of the microspheres by generating new collagen in the area. As the microspheres are gradually broken down and absorbed by the body, the new collagen growth remains, maintaining the results of treatment for a year or more.
- After: At the office of Milgrim Plastic Surgery, Radiesse is typically administered in under an hour, with immediate results. Following your treatment session with Radiesse instances of redness, bruising or swelling may occur in the area treated. Many patients report these signs to go away within a day or so. Dr. Milgrim strongly advises patients to avoid makeup and prolonged sun exposure following the treatment. In some cases, patients may need a touch-up treatment to achieve the desired result. This can be performed about two weeks after the initial round of injections.