FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Eliminate Your Double Chin with Kybella
The Benefits of Kybella
- Removes fat under the chin without incisions or surgery (liposuction)
- Permanently destroys fat cells under the chin and gives long-lasting results
- Treatments can be performed in under 30 minutes
Before, During, and After Your Kybella Procedure
- Before: Before scheduling a Kybella treatment, Dr. Milgrim will consult with the patient to determine if the procedure is an appropriate solution. During the consultation, Dr. Milgrim will evaluate the chin area and overall condition of the skin to design the most effective way to achieve a more defined jawline. To reduce the risk of bruising, patients should avoid taking ibuprofen a week or two prior to treatment.
- During: Using a fine needle, Dr. Milgrim will administer a small amount of Kybella to the treatment area. When injected, Kybella targets fat cells and permanently destroys them. Over the next few weeks, the body will eliminate the dead cells via its natural cleansing channels. As the cells are swept away, results will gradually become visible.
- After: Because there are no incisions involved in the procedure, Kybella does not require a recovery period. Patients can typically return to their normal activities immediately after treatment. Patients will experience some minor swelling, numbness in the treatment area. But these side effects are temporary and will resolve themselves in a day or two. The benefits of a Kybella treatment can be long-lasting. To best maintain results, patients should avoid weight fluctuations.