FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Laurence M. Milgrim, MD – New Jersey Facial Plastic Surgeon
With nearly 30 years of experience, Laurence M. Milgrim, MD, is a top-rated facial plastic surgeon who has been named one of the best doctors in America. Based in New Jersey, Dr. Milgrim’s specializes in rhinoplasty and other surgical and non-surgical facial procedures.
Beyond the Nose: Facelifts, Botox, and Dermal Fillers in New Jersey
Dr. Milgrim enjoys helping individuals who come to him look their best through facial rejuvenation. In addition to facelifts, neck lifts, brow lifts, and eyelid surgery, Dr. Milgrim expertly uses Botox injections to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, while providing moisturized, refreshed, and plumped-up skin via hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm.
Unique Double Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Milgrim is one of an elite group of surgeons in the New Jersey area who are highly trained and certified by two medical boards. Dr. Milgrim has been certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) and the Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck surgery (ABOHNS). HIs unique status and experience has provided him with understanding of both the aesthetic and functional aspects of the face, head, neck and nose and ears. In a procedure such as rhinoplasty, it allows him to maintain/improve breathing and remove blockages while improving the nose’s appearance at the same time , unlike general plastic surgeons who are mainly concerned with appearance.
Dr. Milgrim’s Education and Experience
Dr. Milgrim graduated from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University, where he received a bachelor’s degree in science. Afterward, the plastic surgeon went on to garner his medical degree from The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) – Rutgers Medical School.
Completing a general surgery internship as well as a facial plastic surgery/otolaryngology/head and neck residency at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, Dr. Milgrim was chosen as chief resident.
The plastic surgeon went on to complete his facial plastic surgery fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. As a fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, as well as the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Milgrim is a consummate face and nose specialist, able to help both the aesthetic aspects of the nose as well as the sinuses as an an advanced nose and sinus surgery expert.
Having been honored with an externship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the world-renowned Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills, California, by founder Frank Kamer, MD, Dr. Milgrim is known across the globe for his rhinoplasty work – particularly revision rhinoplasty surgeries that improve upon patients’ previous nose jobs.
What Patients Are Saying about Dr. Milgrim
“Beautiful work. Amazing surgeon. Definitely visit Dr. Milgrim…” Ron Israeli, Livingston, New Jersey
“What a nice doctor!! He was very patient and kind, he answered all our questions and made us feel very comfortable. We never felt rushed or pushed, the office is very clean and the staff were super professional. My wife did a nose job, she was in and out of surgery in hour and half. No pain or suffering and we are very pleased with the result. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.” Ray Sawyer of Wayne, New Jersey
“No one will ever touch my nose again BUT Dr. Laurence M. Milgrim M.D.,” wrote a New Jersey patient who gave the plastic surgeon a 5-star rating.
Honors, Accolades and Fame
Dr. Milgrim has appeared on NBC, ABC, and Fox. The Bergen County plastic surgeon often lends his expertise to the New York Times, and other top publications, such as Allure. After training with William Lawson, MD, DDS – a New York-based plastic surgeon and rhinoplasty expert – Dr. Milgrim went on to train surgeons across the nation.
Among the many honors Dr. Milgrim has received, the following recognitions have been awarded the plastic surgeon:
- Castle Connolly’s “Top Doctors in the New York Metro Area”
- Castle Connolly’s “America’s Top Cosmetic Doctors and Dentists” for 10 years
- One of the 5% of physicians in the country chosen for the “Best Doctors in America”
- NJ Monthly: Best Doctors in Bergen County
- NJ Monthly: Top Doctors in New Jersey
- America’s Top Physicians by Consumers’ Research Council of America
- 201 Magazine: Best Doctors in Bergen County
Dr. Milgrim is a dedicated patient advocate who has given his time and talents to FACE TO FACE, a global organization that gives free plastic surgery to individuals who have suffered from trauma or disfigurements to the face. He also supports the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, as well as the Harry Winston Brilliant Futures Philanthropy Program.
PROFESSIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Dolan, Robert W. Milgrim L., Facial Plastic, Reconstructive, and Trauma Surgery. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2004. Internet resource.
- Milgrim, L., Lawson, W., Cohen A., Anthropometric Analysis of the Female Latino Nose: Revised Aesthetic Concepts and their Surgical Implications. Archives of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Oct. 1996.
- Milgrim L M, et al. Sinusitis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: Typical and Atypical Organisms. The Journal of Otolaryngology., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Dec. 1994
- Milgrim, L M, et al. Mucociliary Clearance Abnormalities in the HIV-Infected Patient: a Precursor to Acute Sinusitis. The Laryngoscope., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Nov. 1995
- Milgrim, L M, and A F Cohen. Nonpulmonary Sinonasal Sarcoidosis with Intracranial Invasion. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Jan. 1996
- Dolan, Robert W., and Laurence Milgrim. Facial Plastic, Reconstructive, and Trauma Surgery [Electronic Resource] SearchWorks, 2003
- Petrick, John. “Overpierced Ears, Tasteless Tattoos: Millennials Rethink, Repair Body Art.” USA Today, Gannett Satellite Information Network, 19 Dec. 2016, www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/19/overpierced-ears-tasteless-tattoos-millennials-rethink-repair-body-art/95623270/. “There has been an influx of people, millennials in particular, who have a lot of body piercings — mainly facial piercings — that they are looking to change,” says Dr. Laurence Milgrim
CONFERENCES AND MEDIA
- Milgrim L, News Channel 5, ABC affiliate , 5 o’clock news“ Male plastic surgery”
- Milgrim L, News Channel 12 New Haven, CT , Eye on Health “ Allergy and Sinusitis”
- Milgrim L, Channel News 12, “Discussion of Minimally invasive plastic surgery”
- Milgrim, L., Dolan, R., “Surgical Anatomy of Rhinoplasty”, Course Instructor, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Annual Meeting
- Milgrim, L., Lawson, W., “Aesthetic Surgery of the Latin Nose”; Course Instructor, American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Annual Meeting
- Luncheon Seminars on ENT and Facial Surgery; Guest Speaker, held at Humana Health Services, Inc.,
- Milgrim, L., “Discussion of Sinusitis”; NBC, 10 o’clock news, San Antonio, Texas
- Milgrim, L., “Discussion Chemical Peel Facial Rejuventation with demonstrations”; NBC, 5 o’clock News, San Antonio, Texas