FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
New Jersey’s Leading Facelift Surgeon: Dr. Lawrence Milgrim
Unfortunately as we grow older, visible side-effects of aging present themselves in the form of dark circles, fine lines, saggy jowls and depressed cheeks. The effects of gravity cause us to lose skin elasticity, developing forehead creases and deep wrinkles. Board certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Milgrim passionately and naturally sculpts patients’ faces to achieve younger, revitalized, plump features. Located in Bergen County, NJ, Dr. Milgrim believes in customizing his surgeries to preserve a natural, unoperated look post-surgery. His surgical techniques, combined with dermal fillers in some cases, restore both volume and confidence. By focusing on minimally invasive face lifts, he creates long-lasting results with less bruising and downtime.
Most facelifts Dr. Milgrim performs are based on the gold-standard SMAS lift. He was trained by New York’s most prominent plastic surgeons to perform SMAS lifts in which he repositions drooping jowls and upper neck tissues to give the jawline the trim look you once had. In certain patients, Dr. Milgrim will recommend other types of facelifts, specifically mini lifts and sling lifts.
Dr. Milgrim’s Surgical Approach to Facelifts:
- Natural results – not overly tight / artificial
- You will obtain a more youthful appearance, helping you look and feel better
- Prominent signs of aging will be reversed by restoring tissues back to their original place
- Improve lower face area by tightening sagging jowls and lax neck skin
- Each procedure is tailored to the patient’s main cosmetic concerns and can be performed in conjunction with other procedures
- Surgical techniques to minimize swelling and downtime
Before, During and After Your Face Lift
- Before: Dr. Milgrim meets with you for a detailed consultation in his New Jersey office where he will determine if you are a candidate for a Face Lift or other non-surgical treatments. The doctor will discuss your individual goals, make sure your expectations are in one line with what can be achieved, prepare and explain a surgical plan. You will be given pre and post-operative instructions.
- During: In most cases, prior to surgery you will be administered with local anesthesia to promote comfort and avoid the risk of general/sedative anesthesia. Dr. Milgrim factors in the amount of change You would like to see in your face and draws incision lines accordingly. Generally, the surgeon places incisions along the hairline ending at the lower scalp to conceal scarring. Throughout the procedure, Dr. Milgrim removes fat while simultaneously lifting muscle and re-draping loose skin to re-contour your features. He utilizes sutures and skin adhesives to safely mend the incision sites.
- After: There may be slight bruising and swelling as your incisions heal. Our well-trained and compassionate staff will be by your side throughout your seven to ten day recovery period. We are happy to say patient will be back to work within two weeks of a typical Facelift procedure.
How to Find The Best Facelift Surgeon in New Jersey
Are the inevitable effects of aging having a negative impact on your life? You should try to find a board-certified facial plastic surgeon with extensive facelift experience and beautiful results. Dr. Milgrim is one of the only doctors in NJ who is double board-certified. In addition to his training in Facial Plastic Surgery, he is also certified in Head and Neck Surgery-Otolaryngology. This specialty means that he has a deep understanding of the underlying tissues of the face and neck and how they function. When he performs facelifts, Dr. Milgrim considers not only aesthetic aspects of the procedure but also functional issues such as avoiding an unnatural smile or a frozen look. Dr. Milgrim has over twenty years of experience making patients look young again. He only operates on the face and has gained unique understanding of performing beautiful, long lasting facelifts. His Highly trained and regarded in facial reconstruction, he will naturally restore your youth and help you regain confidence.
Schedule Your Complimentary Facelift Consultation at Our NJ Office Today!
Should you have questions about what type of facelift procedure is best for your face, it would be best to schedule a complimentary consultation with board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Milgrim. A Facelift can be performed by itself, or along with other procedures to open the eyes, lift a droopy nose, add facial volume and/or tighten muscle groups.
Please contact our friendly office staff today, Milgrim Plastic Surgery looks forward to your visit!
Dr. Milgrim often sees facelift patients who come to our Bergen County office from nearby communities such as Englewood, Fort Lee, Teaneck, and Westwood.
Q Will a facelift eliminate all my wrinkles?
A facelift is surgical procedure designed to address sagging skin and loss of facial definition. It is best for those who show signs of advanced aging and skin laxity. The procedure will not change the texture of the skin or erase wrinkles, such as lines in forehead or eye area. During your surgical consultation, Dr. Milgrim will discuss the benefits and limitations of the procedure.
Q Can other cosmetic procedures be combined with a facelift?
Absolutely! Many of Dr. Milgrim’s patients opt for non-invasive treatments to complement their facelift procedure. Dermal fillers, for example, can help restore lost volume and smooth out creases. In some cases, patients may benefit from other surgical procedures, such as eyelid surgery. Dr. Milgrim always looks to achieve a balanced, natural-looking outcome. He will design the most comprehensive facial rejuvenation plan for your individual case.
Q Will my face looked “pulled back” or will people be able to tell I have had “work done”?
A facelift can yield dramatic results and–thanks to advanced techniques and Dr. Milgrim’s skill–the wind-tunnel look can be avoided. After a facelift, patients will look more refreshed, with greater facial definition. When performed properly, there should be no obvious signs or scars. Dr. Milgrim’s objective is to deliver optimal, yet subtle results so patients feel confident.
Q How long does a facelift procedure take?
On average, a traditional facelift surgery can be done in about 2-3 hours. However, the total time needed to complete the procedure will depend on the technique being used.
Q What is the recovery time after a facelift?
The recovery time will vary, depending on the extent of the work being done and individual healing time. Patients who undergo a traditional facelift can expect 2-3 weeks of recovery time. The downtime for a mini-facelift is about one week. During the recovery period, some activities should be avoided or restricted.
Q How long will the results of facelift last?
While a facelift will not halt the aging process, the procedure can provide long-lasting results. Most patients enjoy the benefits of the procedure for many years. Individual results will vary, depending on the age of the patient and the overall condition of the skin.