FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Laser Resurfacing for Skin Rejuvenation
Benefits of Laser Resurfacing
- Allows for a more controlled precision than alternative facial peel methods, producing a smoother appearance
- Depending on the extent of your skin’s damage, the corrective procedure is performed in just two hours
- Gently provides patient with a more youthful and rejuvenated visage
- Effectively corrects skin discoloration, shrinks pore size and smooths wrinkles without plastic surgery
Before, During and After Your Laser Resurfacing Procedure
- Before: Dr. Milgrim meets with the patient to determine eligibility for the cosmetic procedure. Once approved for laser resurfacing, the patient undergoes a series of photographs, facial evaluations, and routine testing. We ask you to avoid aspirin and blood thinners the week before treatment. Prior to the procedure, our clinical team with prep patient with a local anesthetic to offset the pain. Dr. Milgrim marks target areas and equips the patient with protective goggles to shield their eyes from light throughout the procedure.
- During: Dr. Milgrim provides a customized laser treatment to each patient, expertly adjusting the machine to meet individual needs. Gently and precisely, your surgeon passes the laser over target areas to create grid patterns as his assistant eases discomfort with a Zimmer cooler.
- After: Following your procedure, Dr. Milgrim will protect the treated areas with a surface cream. He advises mild discomfort and swelling is to be expected for roughly five days and ice packs will alleviate any pain. We will help patient schedule follow up appointments and instruct you to avoid the heat, extreme cold and restrict activity to promote healing.