FACIAL PLASTIC & RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
Are you unhappy with the shape or size of your nose? At the office of Milgrim Plastic Surgery we are proud to proclaim top stature in the field of Rhinoplasty. Conducted by Board-Certified expert Rhinoplasty Surgeon Dr. Milgrim, Rhinoplasty is a type of facial plastic surgery designed to correct or enhance an individual’s nose. During the surgery, the underlying structures of the nose are modified to correct abnormalities and restore facial harmony. While many plastic surgeons offer rhinoplasty to their patients, few of them perform this challenging surgery with the same level of skill and expertise as Dr. Laurence Milgrim.
Specializing in facial plastic surgery for over twenty-five years, Dr. Milgrim is proud to feature top-notch reconstructive techniques leaving you with a more natural and appealing nose. Unlike other specialists, Dr. Milgrim reconstructs each nose to uniquely fit the contours of your face. With attention to precision and detail the surgeon helps you achieve your desired Rhinoplasty results. Dr. Milgrim specializes in all forms of Rhinoplasty and excels in the art of reconstructing ethnic noses. Milgrim Plastic Surgery proudly features the “Natural Nose”, a procedure catered to the patient’s individual needs which improves your confidence and happiness regarding your physical appearance.
Watch Our Patient’s Rhinoplasty Video Journal
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure we perform to help reshape, resize and correct the angle of your nose, to both improve the appearance, as well as the functionality of your nose. The surgical procedure aims to create more symmetrical features and can relieve breathing problems caused by a deviated septum. A rhinoplasty procedure is a highly particular surgery, with optimal results accomplished through a thorough consultation with an expert facial plastic surgeon.
Benefits of a Rhinoplasty Procedure
Rhinoplasty is known to be one of the most complex and demanding forms of facial plastic surgery, offering patient a number of benefits, including:
- Correction of breathing difficulties, such as lack of airflow
- Treatment of Sleep Apnea, and other sleep-related breathing disorders
- Reduction of bulbous nasal tip and bridge
- Confidence from restoration of facial symmetry
Dr. Milgrim’s Specialty in the “Natural Nose”
The nose serves as both a vital organ and an important aesthetic feature. During Dr. Milgrim’s training, he observed nearly all rhinoplasty procedures appeared cookie-cutter. He noted these noses are not right on everyone, and from there developed his own techniques from that to match the appearance of ‘unoperated’ noses. Trained as a revision rhinoplasty surgeon, he can correct problem noses and create a natural un-operated look.
Over the past twenty years, Dr. Milgrim’s commitment to sculpting the “Natural Nose” has gained him national and international recognition. With each surgery that he performs, Dr. Milgrim strives to create a nose to bring balance to the entire face without erasing the natural or ethnic attributes of the nose. His Natural Nose blends the nose with the face, producing a look that is uniquely suited to each patient. Unlike other surgeons who frequently sculpt the same nose over and over again, Dr. Milgrim ensures individualized results.
Another way he creates a Natural Nose is through his selective use of certain surgical techniques. For instance, Dr. Milgrim avoids using grafts to alter the shape of the nose. Grafts tend to leave a noticeable hard look that makes it obvious someone has had a nose job. He always tries to minimize tissue rearrangement and works through the smallest incisions possible. These techniques allow him to consistently produce results that are unique, natural, and timeless.
Types of Rhinoplasty
Dr. Milgrim is highly experienced in performing several types of rhinoplasty, including but not limited to:
- Revision rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic Nose Surgery
- Reconstructive Nose Surgery
In efforts to decrease healing time, Dr. Milgrim includes the usage of minimal grafting. The surgeon expertly borrows existing ear cartilage to supplement your nose with the required boost of support without creating an overly altered appearance. Dr. Milgrim sutures the graft into position to ensure your body’s acceptance of it. Utilizing natural cartilage from your own body serves to enhance and correct irregularities of the nose safely. We only opt for the usage of grafts when the implementation will most likely prove positive and desirable results, typically in instances of revision rhinoplasty.
Open vs Closed Rhinoplasty
While Dr. Milgrim specializes in both open and closed rhinoplasty procedures to reshape your nasal tip, it should be addressed 90% of his rhinoplasty cases are closed VS. open, meaning incisions will be internal. An open rhinoplasty nose lift consists of an incision along the soft tissue between your nostrils, whereas a closed rhinoplasty places incisions within your nose, reducing visible scarring.
Having perfected the natural nose, a procedure which is expertly administered to give patients a natural un-operated look, Dr. Milgrim is qualified to assist in determining the best fit for you. He utilizes open rhinoplasty to precisely alter your nasal shape in a unique way not compatible with closed rhinoplasty. Closed rhinoplasty lends to quicker healing time and no visible scarring because of its less invasive nature. Both techniques have their benefits, though most rhinoplasties can be performed through a closed technique.Many patients travel to Dr. Milgrim from all over the world due to his specialty of scar minimization.
Depending on the look you would like to achieve, the surgeon works with you to develop an individualized treatment plan for your specific cosmetic procedure.
Ethnic Nose Rhinoplasty Process
Regardless of your ethnicity, a visit to our office guarantees exceptional results designed to fit your unique needs and appearance. The size, structure, characteristics and details of your nose make you who you are and Dr. Milgrim does his best to alter them naturally. We understand how important your ethnic features are to you and Dr. Milgrim works to maintain your natural appearance out of respect for your heritage. If you desire a nose lift to maintain, re-shape or alter ethnic characteristics, Dr. Milgrim has the experience to help you achieve optimal results regardless of your ethnicity, he proudly specializes in re-sculpting a variety of nasal features for every heritage.
Before, During and After Your Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Before: The nose serves as both a vital organ and an important aesthetic feature. A successful rhinoplasty improves the appearance of the nose while maintaining or improving the function of the nose. In other words, the patient must be happy with the cosmetic outcome and be able to breathe as well, if not better, than they did before surgery. In order to achieve this, Dr. Milgrim uses special techniques and relies on advanced imaging technology to provide him with a clear view inside the nose.
- During: After the patient is properly anesthetized, Dr. Milgrim views the internal structure, modifies the bone, cartilage, and/or tissues to achieve the desired result. After this, he repositions tissues and skin and closes any internal or external incisions that were made. While most rhinoplasty procedures range from 3-4 hours, Dr. Milgrim prides himself on his surgery time being roughly 1 hour. His approach of lowering surgical time ultimately decreases trauma and speeds up the recovery process.
- After: Dr. Milgrim’s patients tend to describe the recovery process as being uncomfortable, rather than painful. There will be some amount of swelling and bruising, so many patients prefer to remain at home for the first several days. After 3 days, pain is decreased severely, with swelling and bruising over after 7 days. Most of his patients take 1 – 2 weeks maximum off of work or school to recover from rhinoplasty. Splints and/or sutures are usually removed within one week, at which point the individual will begin to get an idea about the result of their surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Milgrim for Your Rhinoplasty Procedure?
Highly trained in the art of nasal reconstruction and an expert in the field of Rhinoplasty procedures, Dr. Milgrim, MD has over twenty-five years of experience performing nose-jobs. His expertise and advanced techniques make the “Natural Nose” unique and highly sought after. The Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon is one of the only doctors in New Jersey to offer this revolutionary medical procedure and has received international accolades in the process of doing so.
Please call Milgrim Plastic Surgery today for your complimentary consultation.
Dr. Milgrim often sees patients who come to our Bergen County office from nearby communities such as Ridgewood, Alpine, Tenafly, Demarest, Cresskill, Wayne, Englewood, Fort Lee, Closter and Upper Saddle River.